Friday, April 20, 2018

Be still


I was imagining Jesus and saw Him standing on a seashore. I asked Him why is he standing on a seashore and he said this is where we go fishing. I laughed! I had asked Him to teach me to be a better “fisher of men”. People do not live in the sea! He showed me that the sea is where you learn to fish and the same concepts apply in fishing for men. You need bait. You find out what men are hungry for and use that as the bait. Jesus offers everything we need, not like what the world gives. People long to feel deeply satisfied. A meal will satisfy a person’s physical hunger for a few hours. A comedy film may cause us to experience some joy for an hour or two. A family may offer us a sense of belonging for a lifetime. But there is no joy, no satisfaction, that can compare to an intimate relationship with our Maker. We all long to be deeply satisfied in each area of our lives. No one wants to have mediocre relationships, unfulfilled dreams, or only temporary joy. Everyone desires to believe that their time on earth was meaningful.  We want to come the end of our lives knowing that the time we spent here made a difference. As I have entered the second half of my life, I desire to make the most of every opportunity, to not waste my time. I want to live my life to the fullest and experience everything this world has to offer but more importantly, serve the one who put me here and fulfill His purpose for my presence here. There is nothing that can compare to the deep satisfaction that I feel from knowing my Lord. So, of course, I want to share what I have with others. Naturally, I want to see everyone enter into this type of deep understanding, fulfilling, “beyond my wildest dreams”, intimate, love relationship with Him! Like all relationships, and things that matter, they take work. It's not a “wham bam, thank you, mamm” type of deal. To know and be known is the goal. He is worth the work. If you are struggling in your relationship with the Lord, take heart, there is not anything He wants more than to be known by you! I believe that no matter how much you think you know how He loves you, the actual fact, is that He loves you way more than you could ever imagine. The fact that, “bad” things happen in the world, or even to you personally, or those you love, has absolutely nothing to do with it! I hear that all the time. It just deflects from the truth that you were made for a purpose and that purpose is to know your Maker. To know Him is to love Him.

If you haven’t yet given your life to Jesus Christ or your relationship is broken and you are feeling less than satisfied, take a moment to “be still” and know that He is God. Step into a new place with Him right now. He is right there waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment