Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Imagine - Part 1


      Have you ever heard yourself or someone else say, “I can’t imagine!” Usually it is upon hearing something unimaginable. I have never been one with a big imagination until I started believing the bible was true. One needs a big imagination to believe that they can move “mountains” and “uproot trees” (Matt. 21:21).  Actually, it was only recently that I came to learn what these scriptures were actually referring to which is truly amazing and was incredibly insightful. Not having a big imagination was part of my problem. I guess I take things too literally!  I thought moving a mountain meant literally making plates in the earth shift. Hey! By faith ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!  Ok, so maybe I need some lessons in imagination to “Dream the impossible dream…” like Don Quixote or dare I be mocked by the unbelieving and deemed insane.

      We can see that God had quit the imagination when he made the universe and everything in it and we’re told that He is eternally unchanging so why should we believe He is finished being creative.  His Word says that He is faithful to complete the work that He started.  His work is done through His people. As He is working in us He is working through us too.  He is changing us and He is changing the world around us all the time.  The more we understand how He is doing this and become willing to be used by Him the more we see His imagination flow in, through and around us.

Lord,
        I pray that you would open up our eyes to see things the way You would have us see them, open our ears to hear Your voice guiding us, open our hearts to be willing vessels for You to work through, open our minds to understand that Your ways are higher than our ways and Your imagination is still as rich and full as it was when You created everything. Forgive us for our doubts and help us BELIEVE! Teach us Your ways O’Lord (Psalm 25:4).
In the precious name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment